Agro Industrial integrator since 1989
De Smet Engineers & Contractors (DSEC) has an established reputation as agro industrial intergrator, specializing in the agro-industrial fields such as Sugar, Edible Oil, Biofuels and Biochemicals. It is a world class provider of Engineering, Procurement and Construction services under a single point responsibility.
DSEC has a compelling business offering, built on many years of experience, that combines excellence in execution, safety, cost containment, and reliability with a particular focus on energy saving initiatives and sustainability.
- Privately held limited liability company incorporated in Belgium in 1989,
- Headquarters located in Brussels, Belgium with offices in Ribeirão Preto, Brazil and Buenos Aires, Argentina,
- Permanent staff of more than 150 – mainly engineers,
- Average annual turnover of approximately EUR 200m,
- Single contracts from EUR 20 to 200m and more.
De Smet Engineers & Contractors provides the industry with general contracting services as an industrial integrator from project management (EPCM - Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management or “For and on Behalf” operations) to full turnkey construction (EPC - Engineering, Procurement and Construction) allowing industrial operators to concentrate on their production commitments.
DSEC is currently active in the fields of:
- Sugar and Sugar Derivates (from beet and cane)
- Bioethanol (from cane and cereals)
- Vegetable oil extraction and refining
- Biodiesel (from vegetable oils and animal fats)
- Bioenergy generation from biomass (cogeneration).
DSEC is in a position to provide Investors, Banks, Lenders and Credit Insurance Companies with a single point responsibility set-up that includes design and engineering, equipment supply and construction services with guaranteed performances under one contract.
Its one stop shopping package can also include financial engineering and assistance to projects development.
Full Turnkey solutions from Concept to Handover
De Smet Engineers & Contractors build plants to its client’s full satisfaction, eliminating construction risk by providing:
- Guaranteed technical performances
- On time completion
- Within agreed budget
Our activities as industrial integrator have no restriction in terms of geographical markets. Our competitiveness will however be stronger in places where local engineering and project management skills are scarce, or orientated towards other industries.
Although has worked all over the world, it has historically been very active in the Middle East and in Africa with of course a large number of references in Belgium and Europe in general.