Reliability through experience
Civil Works and Structural Steel Project Engineer
De Smet Engineers & Contractors (DSEC) provides the industry with general contracting services as an industrial integrator from project management (EPCM) to full turnkey construction (EPC) allowing industrial operators (its clients) to concentrate on their production commitments.
DSEC has an established reputation as agro industrial process integrator, specializing in the agro-industrial fields such as Sugar, Edible Oil, Biofuels, Bio Based Products and Agro Nutrients. It is a world class provider of Engineering, Procurement and Construction services under a single point responsibility.
To support its Civil Works and Structural Steel department, DSEC is looking for a CIVIL WORKS AND STRUCTURAL STEEL PROJECT ENGINEER
With at least 5 to 10 years’ experience in engineering or industry.
Within a multidisciplinary engineering team, the job consists of leading the Civil Works and Steel Structure parts of the Project. It includes Foundations, Buildings (concrete and steel structures, architectural), Pipe racks, Tanks, Earthworks, Roads, Sewage…
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project and team (draftsmen) management
- Coordination and communication between De Smet and the Client, Detailed Engineering Offices, Notified Bodies, Local Authorities, Site Contractors
- In collaboration with the Project Engineering Team, elaboration of technical documents (Basis of Design, Guide Drawings) to enable Detailed Engineering as per Project requirements
- Preliminary design and calculation of steel and concrete structures
- Detailed Engineering Offices follow up
- Checking, Control and approval of drawings, technical specifications, calculation notes, technical data sheets in accordance with project specifications, standards and Norms
- Support to Site Execution Team
- Planning and tracking milestones,
- Establish Bill of Quantities, Budgets and Cost control
- Contractors selection (prepare request for quotation, audit, selection)
- Solve Technical problems
- Progress reporting
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Experience working in international context
- Available for short term travel
- Team player
- Background in detailed engineering is a plus
- Master in Engineering – Construction
- Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project,
- SCIA Engineer, Robot,… would be an asset
- Other languages are an advantage
WHAT WE OFFER
An exciting job/assignment in a dynamic company with a very good atmosphere
Permanent contract or freelance contract.
If you have skills making you a candidate of choice, please complete this form: