Reliability through experience
Operational IT Helpdesk Support
De Smet Engineers & Contractors (DSEC) provides the industry with general contracting services as an industrial integrator from project management (EPCM) to full turnkey construction (EPC) allowing industrial operators to concentrate on their production commitments.
DSEC has an established reputation as agro industrial process integrator, specializing in the agro-industrial fields such as Sugar, Edible Oil, Biofuels, Bio Based Products and Agro Nutrients. It is a world class provider of Engineering, Procurement and Construction services under a single point responsibility.
As a member of the IT team, the IT Helpdesk Support will provide user support service on company-supported computer applications and platforms.
He will be the first line IT support offering support and technical assistance to internal customers (all DSEC subsidiaries staff members) who are using software, hardware, or other computer systems and need help completing tasks or troubleshooting problems through diagnostic tests and remote access to their computers.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installation and configuration of new clients PC (Windows, Office, Office 365, IBM/HCL Notes);
- Backup support: follow-up of backup jobs & files restoration under multiple technologies (Backupexec, Veeam, ActiveBackup Synology, Nakivo);
- IBM Notes client installation and configuration on user’s PC;
- Spam filter rules update and assistance to users (Barracuda);
- Antivirus monitoring, rules update and daily tasks/remediation (Sophos).
MAIN TECHNICAL SUPPORT REQUIREMENTS
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008r2 to 2019: AD, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Radius, File, Print server administration and management;
- Network administration (Application protocols, TCP/IP, Routing, Firewalling, etc…);
- At least one scripting language (VB, Powershell, Perl, …);
- Microsoft SQL implementation and maintenance;
- Basics of Linux (some shell commands, architecture, …);
- Basics of Web server Administration (Microsoft IIS and Apache/nginx).
ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE (Those features are a plus)
- IBM/HCL Notes client & Domino server knowledge
- M-Files document management knowledge
- Dynamics365 knowledge
- Azure & Google cloud environment
- Oracle knowledge
- Local environment of 10 Physical servers, +/-25 virtual servers, +/-225 computers
- 4 Subsidiaries (partly supported by local IT or external services) and construction sites in different countries (+/- 5 servers, +/- 100 computers)
- Current environment is Windows AD, hybrid deployment in Azure AD under progress.
- Virtual environment (85% of the servers are virtual machines) on VMWare technology
EDUCATION & SOFT SKILLS
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Preferably 1 year of relevant professional experience
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Flexible, customer and project oriented
- Solution minded
- Languages : French and English
WHAT WE OFFER
An exciting job/assignment in a dynamic company with a very good atmosphere.
If you have skills making you a candidate of choice, please complete this form:
Apply for the job Operational IT Helpdesk Support
Work with Us
Please complete this form and send us your application request to work with us :