Reliability through experience
De Smet Engineers & Contractors (DSEC) provides the industry with general contracting services as an industrial integrator from project management (EPCM) to full turnkey construction (EPC) allowing industrial operators (its clients) to concentrate on their production commitments.
DSEC has an established reputation as agro industrial process integrator, specializing in the agro-industrial fields such as Sugar, Edible Oil, Biofuels, Bio Based Products and Agro Nutrients. It is a world class provider of Engineering, Procurement and Construction services under a single point responsibility.
TO SUPPORT HIS PROJECT DEPARTMENT, DSEC IS LOOKING FOR A PROJECT ENGINEER
As a member of the project team and under the Project Manager’s supervision, the Project Engineer will ensure all technical tasks required within the EPC, EPCM or basic engineering project
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Redacts technical specifications, issue the Request for Quotation to supplier’s, expedite the bidding process, align technically the supplier’s proposal, prepares the bids comparison and support the procurement.
- He is mainly geared to expediting the suppliers and in particular, to follow the technical aspects of DSEC’s subcontracts, up to acceptance of the equipment.
- Whenever required, he will expedite fabrication at supplier’s location and/or participate in acceptance tests of the equipment.
- Follows contract requirements and suggests corrective measures to be approved by the Project Manager/Contract Manager in case of deviation.
- Consolidates the supplier’s documentation within the project with support of all disciplines.
- Specifically takes initiatives in conjunction with the Project Manager as to the follow-up of deliveries and costing of equipment to be supplied by DSEC.
- Ensures technical coordination within DSEC various engineering disciplines.
- Participates in technical meeting, as the technical owner in his field, with DSEC’s client.
- Follows-up the project’s progress up to its completion.
- Travels to DSEC’s project sites for technically oriented missions during construction.
- Very well organized, very good in planning and prioritization
- Very good communicator, team player
- Passionate about our business
- Willing to travel, worldwide (up to 20% of time)
- At least 5 to 10 years’ experience in engineering or industry (experience in agro-industry is a plus)
- With the responsibilities described in the “Main tasks and responsibilities” paragraph (above) during at least 2 years
- A site or construction experience is an asset
- Exposure to hygienic or food-grade application is also an asset
- Master in Engineering (Civil works, E&I and automation, Process, Mechanical, Electro-mechanical or Chemistry)
- French (minimum C1)
- English (minimum C1)
- Other languages are an advantage
WHAT WE OFFER
An exciting job/assignment in a dynamic company with a very good atmosphere
Permanent contract or freelance contract.
If you have skills making you a candidate of choice, please complete this form:
Apply for the job Project Engineer
Work with Us
Please complete this form and send us your application request to work with us :