Reliability through experience
De Smet Engineers & Contractors (DSEC) provides the industry with general contracting services as an industrial integrator from project management (EPCM) to full turnkey construction (EPC) allowing industrial operators to concentrate on their production commitments.
DSEC has an established reputation as agro industrial integrator, specializing in the agro-industrial fields such as Sugar, Edible Oil, Biofuels , Bio Based Products and Agro-Nutrients. It is a world class provider of Engineering, Procurement and Construction services under a single point responsibility.
De Smet Agro (DSAG) is a subsidiary of De Smet Engineers & Contractors’ (DSEC), resulting from the acquisition of SNC-Lavalin S.A. in 2020. Taking root from over 60 years of experience, we provide the full range of project delivery services, from technical audits and technology solutions to complete EPCM, EPC and turnkey delivery to the Fertilizers Industry, both on phosphate and nitrogen routes.
Examples of projects are available on our website.
To support its Process Department, DSAG is looking for a PROCESS ENGINEER
The Process Engineer is involved from the design phase of the project, mainly sizing of process equipment and preparing mass balances, process flow diagrams and piping and instrumentation diagrams. In addition, the process engineer participates in technical audits and commissioning of fertilizer plants.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Concretely his/her responsibilities can be summarized as follows:
- Prepare block flow diagram, process flow diagrams and P&ID’s
- Determine the process specifications of the principal equipment and instruments
- Develop mass balances : process and utilities
- Sizing of equipment : pumps, heat exchangers, storage tanks, …
- Determine the calculation conditions
- Transmit all information and specifications to the other engineering disciplines
- Respect group guidelines as well as those relating to client
- Prepare operating manual
- Highlight any potentially hazardous situation
- Monitor project implementation
- Contribute to innovation of process
- Participate in the commissioning and start-up of fertilizer plants
- Prepare technical notes and comments
- Review process documents from licensor
- Participate in audits
- Prepare technical proposals
EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Master in Engineering / Industrial Science (Chemical Engineering)
- At least 5 years’ experience in a process-oriented engineering company (chemical engineering unit operations, thermodynamics, heat transfer, process equipment sizing) or in process engineering department of a fertilizer production plant.
- Relevant experience with the following processes: fertilizers and/or phosphoric acid.
- Entrepreneurial spirit (ability to take decision, initiative, work autonomously) and Team spirit.
- The job is based in Mont-Saint-Guibert (Belgium) and requires to travel up to 30% of the time. We won’t be able to consider candidates who do not speak French and are not eligible to work in Belgium (European nationality or valid work permit).
Fluency in French and English (other languages are an asset)
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work on various types of industrial engineering projects going from basic engineering to full turnkey construction (EPC), located in Belgian and across the world.
- A challenging job with a full-time employment contract within a multi-disciplinary team of world-class experts in agro-industrial plants, with great vibes and fun atmosphere.
- An agile work environment within a human sized organization with a flat-structure, an amazing team spirit, and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- A competitive remuneration package, including various advantages (laptop, meal vouchers, insurance’s, and depending on the role: company car and fuel card)
If you have skills making you a candidate of choice, please complete this form:
NOTE TO RECRUITMENT AND STAFFING AGENCIES
Please kindly abstain from sending us candidates either directly or to one of your contacts within the company. Thanks a lot.