Reliability through experience
Ethanol production plants
De Smet Engineers & Contractors (DSEC) embraces bioethanol projects as a logical development of its engineering and contracting capabilities where its long-standing expertise in dealing with sugar is an essential asset.
Ethanol production is part of the solutions developed by DSEC where we implement new distillation technologies consisting in energy coupling with multiple effects or by integrating thermo-ejectors or by mechanical steam recompression.
The company has successfully undertaken the construction of complete ethanol plants using both cereals and sugarcane as main feedstock as well as cellulosic materials:
- Stand-alone Ethanol plant and Bio Refineries for starch based feedstocks (corn, wheat, cassava,…)
- Starch based feedstocks plants’ by-product valorisation (vital wheat gluten, sugars, animal feed, energy, corn oil recovery downstream,…)
- Distilleries for sugar based feedstocks (sugar, molasses,…)
- Stand-alone Cane Ethanol plant with cogeneration
- Extra Neutral Alcohol (ENA) as well as technical and pharmaceutical alcohol, spirits,…
- Existing facilities’ Process parameters optimizing to improve plant viability, yields and cogeneration efficiency
- Implementation of 2nd generation ethanol technologies
DSEC provides a comprehensive approach to ethanol production, improving its economic and environmental sustainability:
- CO2 washing and recovery (for soft drinks industry, dry ice production…)
- Vinasse concentration
- Condensed Molasses Solubles (CMS) incineration
- Anaerobic and aerobic waste water treatment
- Biogas production and upgrading (Methanisation – CNG)
Complete plants are implemented by DSEC depending on feedstock types
Our technology is also based on the use of an additional column enabling to decrease the washing water quantity increasing the necessary steam quantity.