Reliability through experience
Starch based Ethanol
A variety of starch rich material can be used for ethanol production by fermentation (Barley, Cassava roots, Corn/Maize, Potato, Rice, Sorghum Grain, Sweet Potato, Wheat, Rye…). Selection of the appropriate feedstock depends on a number of factors, not the least of which is the geographical / climatic environment of the intended production site.
On top of the sugar-based process here above, DSEC takes particular care to DDGS drying (and possibly pelletizing).
The process proposed by DSEC generally includes:
- Enzymatic break down of starch
- Fermentation with standard yeast (batch or continuous)
- Rectification (if applicable)
- Ethanol dehydration (molecular sieve)
- DDGS drying (and possibly pelletizing)