Reliability through experience
De Smet Engineers & Contractors History
Eager to attend the growing demand from its clients for a larger involvement in project implementation, the De Smet Group, supplier for the Edible Oils industry, created DSEC in 1990 with a view to provide the market with a dedicated organisation including multi disciplinary expert teams that are the key to the successful realisation of turnkey projects.
The new company was joined at that time by a team of sugar experts coming from the well-known Abay Engineering Company, opening therefore the way to work on projects involving Sugar & Ethanol from basic engineering to complete factory implementation.
Since then, DSEC has successfully executed more than 400 projects mainly large-scale, ranging from pure management operation to full turnkey contracts. Moreover it has also performed numerous Technical Audits, investment evaluation studies and pre-engineering, from concept to Front End Engineering Design jobs (FEED).
DSEC has then developed the Bio-based industries sector and currently diversifies its activities in two new sectors offering the same range of services that gave the company its strong reputation: the Alt Proteins & Ingredients and the Agro-Nutrients.
Since 2014, DSEC is fully controlled by Moret Industries Group
DSEC is ISO – 9001 certified by SGS since 2012.
Why De Smet Engineers & Contractors ?
- Strong track record accumulated over the years, working in more than 65 countries and completing successfully over 400 projects
- Repeated experience with key industry players
- Global vision of the agro-processing industrial sector
- Would only contract if in full command and understanding of the process technology involved
- Highly skilled and committed team, including experts from the industry
- Focus on efficiency and energy saving initiatives
- Understanding of cultural, linguistic and local context differences
- No claim philosophy – No bonds ever called