Reliability through experience
De Smet Engineers & Contractors History
Eager to attend the growing demand from its clients for a larger involvement in project implementation, the De Smet Group who was essentially an equipment supplier for the Edible Oils industry, created DSEC in 1990 with a view to provide the market with a dedicated organisation including multi disciplinary expert teams that are the key to the successful realisation of turnkey projects.
The new company was joined at that time by a team of sugar experts coming from the well-known Abay Engineering Company, opening therefore the way to work on projects involving Sugar, Sugar Derivatives and Biochemicals from basic engineering to complete factory implementation.
Since then, DSEC has successfully executed more than 400 projects mainly large-scale, ranging from pure management operation to full turnkey contracts. Moreover it has also performed numerous Technical Audits, investment evaluation studies and Front End Engineering Design jobs (FEED).
Currently, DSEC also works in two new sectors of activities that are the Bio-based industries and the Agro-Nutrients industries, offering the same range of services that gave the company that strong reputation.
There are today no more shareholding relations with Desmet Ballestra, DSEC being fully controlled by Moret Industries Group since 2014.
DSEC has received its ISO – 9001 Certification since 2012.
Why De Smet Engineers & Contractors ?
- Strong track record accumulated over the years, working in more than 65 countries and completing successfully over 400 projects
- Repeated experience with key industry players
- Global vision of the agro-industrial sector
- Would only contract if in full command and understanding of the process technology involved
- Highly skilled and committed team, including experts from the industry
- Focus on efficiency and energy saving initiatives
- Understanding of cultural, linguistic and local context differences
- No claim philosophy – No bonds ever called