Reliability through experience
Project Manager DSAG
De Smet Engineers & Contractors (DSEC) provides the industry with general contracting services as an industrial integrator from project management (EPCM) to full turnkey construction (EPC) allowing its clients to concentrate on their production commitments.
DSEC has an established reputation as agro industrial integrator, specializing in the agro-industrial fields such as Sugar, Edible Oil, Biofuels , Bio Based Products and Agro-Nutrients. It is a world class provider of Engineering, Procurement and Construction services under a single point responsibility.
De Smet Agro (DSAG) is a subsidiary of De Smet Engineers & Contractors’ (DSEC), resulting from the acquisition of SNC-Lavalin S.A. in 2020. Taking root from over 60 years of experience, we provide the full range of project delivery services, from technical audits and technology solutions to complete EPM, EPC and turnkey delivery to the Fertilizers Industry, both on phosphate and nitrogen routes. Examples of projects are available on our website.
To support his Process Department, DSAG is looking for a PROJECT MANAGER
The Project Manager reports to the Project Execution Manager and is responsible for the complete EPC, EPCM or basic engineering contract execution and controls the assigned project resources to meet the project objectives.
He/she is the lead person responsible for communicating with all persons intervening in the project, particularly the company management, the project team, and the client.
He/she ensures that the client is satisfied with the quality and timely delivery of the different phases of the project.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
More into details, the Project Manager:
- Is responsible for the financial result of the EPC, EPCM or basic engineering project.
- Defines the profile of the members of the project team that he needs to assure the success of the project (Project Engineers, Project Assistant…).
- Establishes and monitor the overall planning of the project from engineering to test.
- Is responsible for the correct implementation of the Health and Safety plan.
- Adapts the overall Quality Plan to meet the specificity of the contract.
- Liaise with the client and ensure client satisfaction.
- Checks, controls and approves any purchase of services, work and/or equipment done for the purpose of executing the contract, including variation orders, in liaison with Procurement Manager.
- Defines the profile of site personnel required and internal company’s resources to implement the contract and obtains approval of the COO for performing the above.
- Has to report monthly on all aspects of the contract execution and has to dedicate specific care to properly identifying and managing the risks that occur all along the execution.
- Is responsible to fully close out of the main contract and all subcontracts.
QUALIFICATIONS – DEGREE – WORK EXPERIENCE
- Master in Engineering (Civil works, E&I and automation, Process, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, Bio-engineering, Chemistry).
- At least 10 years’ experience in industrial engineering (agro industrial sectors of sugar, vegetable oils, biofuels, agrochemical or biomass, fertilizers, process industry, bulk solids handling)
- At least 5 years’ experience in a leading engineering role (project manager, project lead, lead engineer…) on complete multi-disciplinary EPC/EPCM projects, from development stage to industrial operations (incl. studies, plans, planning, budget, reporting, procurement and construction).
- Experience with 3D review, P&ID, technical specs & documentation, PID-coordination.
- Experience in interfaces management.
- Strong management skills (organization, planning and prioritization), ability to work on several projects at the same time
- Experience of collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Entrepreneurial spirit (ability to take decision, initiative, work autonomously)
- The role is based in Mont-Saint-Guibert (Belgium) and requires to travel up to 30% of the time. We won’t be able to consider candidates who do not speak French and are not eligible to work in Belgium (European nationality or valid work permit).
- Fluent French and English (other languages are an asset)
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work on various types of industrial engineering projects going from basic engineering to full turnkey construction (EPC), located in Belgian and across the world.
- A challenging job with a full-time employment contract within a multi-disciplinary team of world-class experts in agro-industrial plants, with great vibes and fun atmosphere.
- An agile work environment within a human sized organization with a flat-structure, an amazing team spirit, and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- A competitive remuneration package, including various advantages (laptop, meal vouchers, insurance’s, and depending on the role: company car and fuel card)
If you have skills making you a candidate of choice, please complete this form:
NOTE TO RECRUITMENT AND STAFFING AGENCIES
Please kindly abstain from sending us candidates either directly or to one of your contacts within the company. Thanks a lot.