Reliability through experience
De Smet Engineers & Contractors (DSEC) provides the industry with general contracting services as an industrial integrator from project management (EPCM) to full turnkey construction (EPC) allowing its clients to concentrate on their production commitments.
DSEC has an established reputation as agro industrial integrator, specializing in the agro-industrial fields such as Sugar, Edible Oil, Biofuels , Bio Based Products and Agro-Nutrients. It is a world class provider of Engineering, Procurement and Construction services under a single point responsibility.
To support his Project Department, DSEC is looking for a PROJECT MANAGER
The Project Manager is responsible for the complete EPC, EPCM or basic engineering contract execution and controls the assigned project resources to meet the project objectives. He/she is the lead person responsible for communicating with all persons intervening in the project, particularly the company management, the project team, and the client. He/she ensures that the client is satisfied with the quality and timely delivery of the different phases of the project.
The Project Manager reports to the Project Execution Manager.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project manager
- Is responsible for the financial result of the EPC, EPCM or basic engineering project
- Defines the profile of the members of the project team that he needs to assure the success of the project (Project Engineers, Project Assistant, etc).
- Establishes and monitor the overall planning of the project from engineering to test
- Is responsible for the correct implementation of the Health and Safety plan.
- Adapts the overall Quality Plan to meet the specificity of the contract.
- Liaise with the client and ensure client satisfaction
- Checks, controls and approves any purchase of services, work and/or equipment done for the purpose of executing the contract, including variation orders, in liaison with Procurement Manager.
- Defines the profile of site personnel required and internal company’s resources to implement the contract and obtains approval of the COO for performing the above
- Has to report monthly on all aspects of the contract execution and has to dedicate specific care to properly identifying and managing the risks that occur all along the execution.
- Is responsible to fully close out of the main contract and all subcontracts.
- Strong management skills (organisation, planning and prioritization)
- Very good communicator
- Good people manager and motivator
- Ability to deal with stress
- Passionate about our business
- Atleast 5 years’ experience in engineering or industry (agro industrial sectors of sugar, vegetable oils, biofuels, agrochemical or biomass)
- with the responsibilities described in the “Main tasks and responsibilities” paragraph (above) during at least 3 years
- Master in Engineering (Civil works, E&I and automation, Process, Mechanical, Electro-mechanical or Chemistry)
- French (minimum C1)
- English (minimum C1)
- German is needed for one of the projects
- Other languages are an advantage
WHAT WE OFFER
An exciting job in a dynamic company with a very good atmosphere
If you have skills making you a candidate of choice, please complete this form and choose “Project Management” in the Job field: